Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A good little pocket pistol

I recently bought my first KelTec pistol. Although somewhat skeptical about KelTecs, from things I had read on the Internet, I decided to try the P-3AT. The things I considered were the price ($239), size (8.3 oz - lightest in its class), width (.77"), easy field stripping, easy full disassembly, parts available direct from KelTec (http://www.keltecweapons.com/store/p-3at-parts/), easily concealed, and good customer service.

As mentioned by others, the P-3AT polymer frame is "rough" from the molding process in areas around the trigger guard, which can actually cut your finger during firing. This can be easily fixed however, with a dremel tool or some very fine sandpaper. I used my dremel and within minutes had this area completely smooth and looking good.

My first impression after a box of bullets... a great little gun, it is a keeper! The recoil was less than what I have experienced on a comparable Ruger LCP and S&W BG 380.

Next time I will post something about the cleaning process.

No comments:

Post a Comment